Cancellation PolicyEach day our grooming calendar is very full, we schedule appointments back-to-back, and we turn people away to hold reservations.
Unfortunately, too many people have cancelled with very little lead time, or simply don't show up, and then expect us to simply reschedule them.
Therefore, we must enforce the following guidelines, which apply to grooming reservations that include at least one of the following services:
- Haircut, bath, nails, ears
- Bath, nails, ears
- Bath with lite trim
If your dog is just coming for grooming, and is not here for boarding:
- If you wish to cancel or reschedule for a later date, you must do so by two days before at 7pm, or a $25 re-booking fee per dog would be incurred.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes later than your appointment time, we must reschedule your appointment, and a $25 re-booking fee per dog would be incurred.
- If you simply do not show up, or cancel within two hours of your reservation start time, a $40 re-booking fee per dog would be incurred, and a deposit may be required to make future appointments.
- If you arrive and don't have the proper vaccination documentation, we could very possibly need to cancel the appointment. It is the law, plus our policy, that all dogs who enter our facility are properly vaccinated, which is for the safety of all the dogs here. If this is the case, a $40 re-booking fee would apply, as we would not be able to fill the space.
If your dog is here for boarding, and is getting groomed while here:
- If you check out from your boarding reservation earlier than expected, and we therefore have to cancel this grooming appointment two days before your appointment date after 7pm, a re-booking fee of $25 per dog would be incurred. For example, if your dog is on the groomer's calendar for 2pm, and you show up at noon saying you're checking out early and don't need the grooming done, that is considered a late cancellation because we would likely not be able to fill the spot.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment for an earlier time, please let us know right away and we would try to fit you in to your desired time. A re-booking fee would not be incurred by moving your appointment up.
- If you are planning on checking out from your boarding reservation later than we originally discussed and want to move your grooming appointment, we may or may not be able to accommodate your request. If not, your dog can stay in the grooming room or its boarding suite until you arrive, or go back into play.
We hope you can respect and appreciate that we implemented these guidelines because when people cancel with no lead time, we are often unable to fill the space, which causes our groomers to stand around with no dog to groom (sometimes for up to two hours for a single appointment), and ultimately lose money. This is not fair to the groomers or to the other customers we have likely turned away. We also routinely experience customers who arrive 15-20 minutes late (or more), which throws off the entire schedule and causes all of the other dogs to be finished later than their owners expected. This causes customers to become very upset, and causes groomers to become too stressed and overwhelmed, which could impact their quality of work.
We believe our policies are very fair, and are similar to any hair salon or similar business that is appointment-based and in high demand.
Our grooming business is different than most, because we give you an appointment time, then groom your dog all the way through to completion. Our goal is that they are done within an hour or two, depending on the breed. We believe this gives you and your dog(s) a better experience than most other grooming businesses, which force you to arrive first thing in the morning and have you pick up at the end of the day. Most grooming businesses charge a higher price when grooming a dog all the way through - we do not. We also have a higher volume and busier schedule than many others. If you are concerned because we have these cancellation guidelines and other grooming shops do not, these are the primary reasons why they are in effect.